Bali – Bali island is a world class surf destination known for its abundance of consistent waves, rich cultural traditions, and some of the most warm and friendly people you will ever meet. Called the “Island of the Gods,” Bali is a place where ancient Hindu traditions dominate everyday life and bombard the senses with ubiquitous ceremonies, beautiful floral offerings, wafting incense, ancient stonework temples, and an abundance of intricate sculptures and art. Explore the enchanting culture of this island and learn why surfers from all over the globe return to Bali year after year.
Canggu, Bali – Your home in Bali for the first week, Canggu is known for its rocky beaches and massive Hindu temples juxtaposed against street art and funky surf shops, surrounded by rice fields. A diverse international surf town, Canggu boasts an abundance of delicious healthy restaurants, relaxing spas and good nightlife. Take in a blazing sunset on the beach while drinking a coconut, or sip a cocktail at a trendy beachfront bar. In the evenings, please join us at our favorite restaurants and hangout spots.
Nusa Lembongan – Less than a one-hour boat ride from Bali, white-sanded Nusa Lembongan island is a tranquil tropical paradise. Enjoy the magical experience of gliding your board through crystal-clear turquoise waters over untouched coral reefs. Here, you will spend your free time exploring hidden beaches, mangrove forests, stand-up paddle boarding, cliff jumping, snorkeling tropical coral gardens and swimming with manta rays. Take in sunsets backdropped against an incredible view of Bali’s largest volcano and enjoy beachside dinners with the sand in your feet.
Terms and Conditions
You must be 18 years or older to book with Island Vibes. Please contact Island Vibes for inquiries regarding participation of guests or family members under 18 years of age.
RESERVATIONS & BOOKING
Payment for your Island Vibes retreat (hereinafter referred to as “retreat” or “trip”) may be made in full at time of booking, or you may reserve your your space by deposit. Deposit is 50% of the trip cost. We cannot confirm booking until we receive the required 50% deposit or payment-in-full. Booking is not secured until you receive written notice from Island Vibes confirming receipt of payment.
If deposit is made at the time of booking, the balance must be paid-in-full 30 days before commencement of the retreat (upon receipt of invoice). Island Vibes reserves the right to cancel your booking if payment has not been received in full 30 days prior to the start date of your retreat. In the event that you need to cancel your retreat, please read the cancellation policy and charges explained. Bookings made within 30 days prior to the retreat commencement date must be paid in full at time of booking.
REFUNDS & CANCELLATION
Deposits are non-refundable. In the event that you need to cancel your Island Vibes retreat, the following refund policy apples:
Cancellation more than 30 days prior the start date of the retreat: Refund of full payment minus 50% deposit. If another person can be found to take your place, then we may offer a 75% refund at our discretion. However, if no person can be found to take your place, Island Vibes may permit applying your balance toward another surf retreat on a different date.
Cancellation less than 30 days prior to the start date of retreat: No refund. If another person can be found to take your place, then we may offer a 75% refund at our discretion. If no person can be found to take your place, at our discretion, Island Vibes may permit applying your balance toward another surf retreat on a different date.
You will receive full refund in the unlikely event that Island Vibes must cancel a scheduled retreat for any reason. However, we are not able to cover additional travel expenses, nor is Island Vibes responsible for any expenses incurred as a consequence of any cancellation. We require that you purchase a travel insurance policy that will protect you in the event you need to cancel or in the event of cancellation by Island Vibes.
There are no refunds for a portion of the trip that goes unused.
For refunds or changes to booking, Island Vibes may charge an additional transaction fee of $50 USD, at our discretion.
As a condition of booking with Island Vibes, you must purchase your own travel insurance that covers lost luggage, medical expenses and cancellation. We recommend purchasing travel insurance at the time of your booking with Island Vibes to cover any potential cancellations or disruptions to your trip that may occur prior to the retreat start date. You must submit proof of travel insurance to Island Vibes at least two weeks prior to the commencement of your retreat.
You are responsible for making your own travel arrangement at your own cost. Island Vibes provides direct transfers to and from the retreat on retreat start and end dates include in the trip price. Island Vibes shall not be responsible or held liable for any consequences arising from delays or cancellations on the part of any companies with whom you have made travel arrangements. If you arrive before the first day of the retreat, or depart after the last day of the retreat, you are responsible for your own accommodations, transfers to accommodations and transfers to/from the retreat.
PRE-EXISTING HEALTH CONDITIONS
This retreat is undertaken at your own risk. You should consult with a doctor to check that you are sufficiently healthy to undertake the physical activities on the Island Vibes retreat, including but not limited to, surfing, swimming, snorkeling, and hiking. If you experience injury or discomfort during any activity on the retreat, you must stop immediately and consult a member of the Island Vibes team.
Prior to the retreat, you must advise Island Vibes of any pre-existing medical or psychological conditions, medications, surgeries, allergies and/or intolerances that could possibly affect your health, well-being, or your ability to participate in any activity on your retreat (“Pre-Existing Conditions”). Failure to notify Island Vibes of any Pre-Existing Conditions prior to your retreat start date may result in prohibition of your ability to participate in the retreat, at our discretion. Island Vibes reserves the right to cancel your booking if you do not advise us of your Pre-Existing Conditions. Under some circumstances, we may require a letter from your physician stating that you are able to participate in the retreat and all activities thereon.
The information contained in this site is for general guidance and purposes only on matters of interest. Given the changing nature of laws, rules and regulations, and the inherent hazards of electronic communication, there may be delays, omissions or inaccuracies in information contained in this site. The information on this site is provided with the understanding that the authors and publishers are not engaged in rendering professional advice and services. This site should not be used as a substitute for consultation with professionals or other competent advisers. Before making any decision or taking any action, you should inquire with an Island Vibes team member. While we have made every attempt to ensure that the information contained in this site is obtained from reliable sources, Island Vibes is not responsible for any errors, omissions, or the results obtained from the use of this information. All information in this site is provided as is, with no guarantee of completeness, accuracy, timeliness or the results obtained from the use of this information, and without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to warranties of performance, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. In no event will Island Vibes, its related partners or entities, or the partners, agents or employees of Island Vibes be liable to you or anyone else for any decision made or action taken in reliance on the information in this site or for any consequential, special or similar damages, even if advised of the possibility of such damages. Certain links in this site connect to other websites maintained by third parties over whom Island Vibes has no control; Island Vibes makes no representations as to the accuracy or any of the information contained in other websites.
We do not store credit card information nor do we share customer details with any third parties. Any personal information provided to Island Vibes will be used only for the requested services.
WAIVER & RELEASE
As a condition of booking with Island Vibes, you agree to all of the terms, conditions and waivers contained herein, including Island Vibes’s Terms and Conditions of Booking and this Waiver & Release (together referred to herein as the “Agreement”). As a condition of booking with Island Vibes, you agree to waive any and all claims against and hold harmless Island Vibes for any liability including but not limited to theft or damage to personal property or possessions; any costs, cancellations, delays or changes as a result of natural disaster, fire, acts of God, transportation delays or other problems; or any other events that cause disruption of your trip. Further, you agree to waive any and all claims against and hold harmless Island Vibes for any and all personal injuries or medical conditions that develop during or after the Island Vibes retreat, including injury, illness or death.
Island Vibes cannot be responsible for the individual behavior of any guest or group member on the Island Vibes retreat. I understand that Island Vibes shall not be liable for any conduct or contact made by any other group member or guests participating in the Island Vibes retreat. If you have a problem during your retreat, you are responsible for immediately informing a member of the Island Vibes team so that we may have an opportunity to assist.
Island Vibes shall not be liable for any problems you encounter while you are traveling to and from the retreat location, including problems with transportation, flights, visas, missed flights or any other matter. It is your responsibility to ensure you have the correct visas, travel documentation and travel vaccinations. All flights and transport arrangements are your responsibility. As a condition of booking, you agree to waive any and all claims against and hold harmless Island Vibes for any problems you encounter with traveling to and from your Island Vibes retreat destination.
I understand that I am voluntarily undertaking all activities included on my Island Vibes retreat. I am participating in an Island Vibes retreat entirely at my own risk. I understand my own body’s challenges and take full responsibility for my own surfing and any other activities taken part in on an Island Vibes retreat.
I am aware that surfing is an inherently dangerous activity and undertake the activity at my own risk. I understand that the retreat and all activities thereon involve many inherent risks, dangers and hazards, including, but not limited to the use and operation of surfboards, impact of collision with surfboards including fins and leashes; skin irritations or abrasions caused by use of wetsuits; ear or skin infections caused by marine environments; impact to the shore or the ocean floor; severe weather conditions; my ability to swim or paddle in dangerous ocean conditions; sun exposure; extreme temperatures; the prevailing condition of the surf; undertow and tide; the possible existence of dangerous rocks, reefs, driftwood, logs, floating objects, sea and land animals and insects and other hazards and obstructions, whether marked or unmarked in the area chosen by Island Vibes to conduct beach trips, recreational activities, tourism activities, and surfing; impact of collision with swimmers or other surfers or their surfboards, whether or not caused by negligence of such swimmers or surfers; dangers involved in traveling to the beach areas, surfing spots, tourism destinations, and any activities at an Island Vibes retreat destination, including transportation provided by the Island Vibes parties and hazards involved in reaching the destination by boat, automobile or on foot; whether or not caused by negligence on the part of the Island Vibes parties or any third parties with which they have contracted to provide such services.
I freely accept and fully assume all such risks, dangers and hazards and associated with eating and drinking food and beverages during and after the Island Vibes retreat. I am aware of and accept the risk that I could eat food or drink beverages that could potentially make me ill or sick while traveling and agree not to hold Island Vibes liable for any and all injury, illness, or death caused by food or beverages that I consume.
I understand that it is my responsibility to consult with a physician prior to and regarding my participation in the Island Vibes retreat. I represent and warrant that I am physically fit and I have no medical conditions that would prevent my full participation in surfing and any additional trip activities planned or provided by Island Vibes.
In consideration of being permitted to participate in the trip, I agree to assume full responsibility for any risks, injuries or damages, known or unknown, which I might incur as a result of participating in the trip, including any and all activities done with the Island Vibes retreat group, or as an individual.
I am also aware that I am participating in activities such as swimming, snorkeling, hiking, cliff jumping, paddle boarding, dining and other activities. I recognize that these activities involve inherent risks and require physical exertion that may be strenuous and may cause physical injury, and I am fully aware of the risks and hazards involved.
In consideration of Island Vibes agreeing to provide transportation (by land, foot or water), lodging accommodations, dining, surfing, surf instruction, supervision and training, and any other services provided, whether provided directly by Island Vibes parties or third parties with whom Island Vibes parties have contracted (together referred to as “Activities”), as part of the retreat I am booking with Island Vibes, I freely accept and fully assume all such risks, dangers and hazards and the possibility of personal injury, death, property damage or loss resulting from such risks, dangers, and hazards.
The undersigned also agrees as follows:
- To assume and accept all risks, dangers and hazards in connection with my use of any and all Activities provided by Island Vibes parties.
- To waive any and all claims that I may have against Island Vibes parties, its owners, principals, agents, employees and representatives.
- To release the Island Vibes parties from any and all liability for any loss, damage, injury or expense that I, or my next to kin, may suffer or incur as a result of my use of the Activities due to any cause whatsoever, including negligence or intentional conduct on the part of the Island Vibes parties;
- In consideration for being allowed to participate in the Island Vibes retreat and Activities, on behalf of myself and my next of kin, heirs and representatives, I release from all liability and promise not to hold liable Island Vibes and their employees, officers, directors, volunteers, agents or contractors hired by Island Vibes from any and all claims for any liability for any loss, damage, injury or expense that I, my next of kin, or my heirs and representatives suffer, including claims of negligence or intentional conduct resulting from any physical or psychological injury (including paralysis and death), illness, damages, or economic or emotional loss I may suffer because of my participation in the Activities, including any claims arising out of travel to, from and during the Activities.
- To hold harmless and indemnify the Island Vibes parties from any and all liability for property damage, personal injury or death suffered by myself or by a third party as a result of my participation in the Activities;
- That this release and indemnity agreement shall be effective and binding on my heirs, representatives, next of kin, executors, agents, administrators, and assigns, in the event of my death;
- To obey all warnings, safety instructions, cautions and other notices provided to me by the Island Vibes parties;
- The Island Vibes parties and their representatives, have the right to refuse to provide me with Activities related to surfing or participating in activities in the ocean, if, in the opinion of the Island Vibes parties, my swimming abilities, health or the prevailing weather conditions could render it dangerous or unsafe to participate in such Activities;
- To hereby grant Island Vibes parties an unrestricted right to use and publish photographs and/or video and film taken of me while participating in programs offered by the Island Vibes parties, for editorial, trade, social media, and any other professional purpose, in any manner and medium, and to copyright the same. Furthermore, I hereby release and discharge the Island Vibes parties from any and all claims relating to said photographs and/or film and use of my image and/or likeness for the purposes identified herein;
- I agree to hold Island Vibes harmless from any and all claims, including attorney’s fees or damage to my person and/or personal property that may occur as a result of my participation in the Activities, including travel to, from and during the Activities. If Island Vibes incurs any of these types of expenses, I agree to reimburse Island Vibes. If I need medical treatment, I agree to be financially responsible for any costs incurred as a result of such treatment. I am aware and understand that I must carry my own travel, health and accident insurance;
- I agree that any and all potential disputes that I may have against Island Vibes shall be dealt with and resolved in the courts of Indonesia, subject to the laws of Indonesia. This Agreement shall be governed, construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of Indonesia and any disputes between myself and Island Vibes regarding this Agreement;
- I am 18 years or older. I understand the legal consequences of signing this document, including (a) releasing Island Vibes from any and all liability, (b) promising not to sue or hold Island Vibes liable for any potential claims of loss, injury, or death, (c) and assuming all risks of participating in this Activities, including travel to, from and during the Activities.
As a condition of booking with Island Vibes, I agree to all terms and conditions as stated above. I agree that as an Island Vibes participant, I must have suitable travel insurance.
I agree that if any portion of this Agreement is held invalid or unenforceable, I will continue to be bound by the remaining terms.
I have read this document. No other representations concerning the legal effect of this document have been made to me.